AARP today announced its first foray into mobile content, with the debut of the new AARP app for iPhone and iPod touch. Bottle Rocket is proud to have developed the new flagship app for AARP. The app is free for both members and non-members, and is now available for download on the Apple iTunes App Store.
"AARP asked Bottle Rocket to create an app that offered the best coverage for the 50+ audience in categories like health, technology, travel and money," said Calvin Carter, Bottle Rocket's president. "We worked closely with AARP's staff to provide a rich and engaging experience for this sophisticated user base, while at the same time maintaining an intuitively designed user interface."
The AARP App for iPhone and iPod Touch, the launch of which was also featured in USA Today, serves as the primary hub for users to connect to AARP and its media properties. It allows users to:
- keep up with the latest news relevant to the 50+ community
- share their favorite content from AARP.org via Facebook, Twitter or email
- watch video clips from AARP’s Inside E Street and My Generation TV shows
- keep on top of the latest benefits and services available to AARP members
- renew their AARP membership
- carry a digital version of their AARP membership card for easy access to member activities and programs and to receive discounts on products and services from benefit providers
“We know the 50+ audience is one of the fastest growing segments using mobile devices, and our new apps will allow them to carry the best of AARP with them, no matter how far they travel from their computer,” said Sami Hassanyeh, senior vice president, AARP Digital Strategy & Operations. “Our audience is active well into their 50+ years and beyond, and AARP believes it’s important for them to have access to content that’s relevant to their community of peers, wherever they go.”
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social welfare organization with a membership that helps people age 50 and over have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole.